Why Japan?

Japan is a country with rich nature, diverse topography, and beautiful turns of the seasons. Modern Japanese culture and society consist of a diverse mix of the old and new, the East and West, and the natural and artificial. These seemingly contradictory elements coexist in harmony in Japan. For example, it is not unusual to see an old Buddhist temple and a modern skyscraper standing next to each other.


The greatest appeal of studying in Japan is its academic environment where one can study state-of-the-art technology and acquire the knowledge that enabled Japan’s phenomenal postwar economic growth. Japanese universities and other institutes of higher education can offer course studies or research programs of virtually any field. Many institutions of higher education, such as universities and junior colleges, are well equipped with fine research, computer, and library facilities and enable students to carry out their research in an excellent environment


Earning While Studying in the Japan


Many foreign students choose to do part-time work to help pay their tuition or living expenses. Today, 75% of foreign students are engaged in some type of part-time work in Japan (Source: JASSO survey 2013). However, under the status of residence of "College Student," which is given to foreign students, they are originally allowed to reside in Japan for the purpose of studying at school, and it is not permitted for foreign students to work for a paid job. Therefore, if anyone resides in Japan with the status of "College Student" and still wishes to take a paid part-time job, he/she is required to obtain an official permission called shikakugai katsudo kyoka (Permit to Engage in Activity other than that Permitted by the Status of Residence Previously Granted) from the nearest regional immigration bureau. In such a case, the students must observe the condition that such paid work will not interfere with their schoolwork, which is their original purpose of residence in the country. As an exemption, no such permission is required for activities as educational/research assistants who are paid and work based on a contract with a university or a technical college to which an applying student belongs. (Note: For technical college students, only those who are in the 4th and 5th grade or in advanced courses are eligible for this exemption)




The general case of studying in Japan begins with a student first enrolling for a Japanese Language course for at least six months in Nepal. Once this course is completed successfully the student gets an admission into a school or college in Japan where they need to study Japanese Language for another one or two year depending on their proficiency level in Japanese Language.


Student Visa Process


Step 1: Attend a counselling session

Attend a counseling session at your closest branch to find out your options relating to study destination, courses available and recommended institutions.


Step 2: Register with Real Education Service

Register with Real Education Service to start the admission and visa process. We can help you navigate through the various processes and make studying overseas easier. Remember, all our services are free of charge!


Step 3: Apply for admission

Once you have decided what and where you want to study, we will help you complete the application to the institutions of your choice. At the time of application for admission you will be required to submit several documents including proof of previous academic qualifications and in most cases proof of your English language ability. We will also provide you with a checklist for the documents you will need to provide when the time comes to apply for your visa (step 7).


By submitting your application through us you will be able to track the progress of your application as we send you automatic notifications of its progress. We also take the hard work out of tracking the applications by keeping in contact with the institution on your behalf.


Step 4: Pay tuition fee

To accept your offer from an education provider, you must pay the tuition fee. Most Australian institutions require you to pay the first semester fee only. You can choose to pay this fee through either Telegraphic Transfer (TT) or Direct Debit (DD). Our value added services department at Real Education Consultants can help you arrange either of these payment methods.


Once the institutions have received and processed your tuition fee payment, they will issue you with an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (ECoE). Once we have received this, we will notify you that it is now time to come back into your closest branch with your required documents and start the visa application process.


To lodge your visa application you will need to provide the documents outlined in the checklist we provided you in step 3.


Just like your admission application, Real Education Consultants will keep you updated as to the progress of your application and take the hard work out of tracking your application by keeping in contact with the visa office on your behalf.


Step 6: Undertake Medicals

Within 28 days of lodging your visa application, you will need to undertake a medical examination by one of the doctors approved by the Australian Government. A list of the approved panel doctors can be found by visiting: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/i/india/panel-doctors.htm. Once you have undertaken the medical examination, your doctor will forward the medical reports and documents directly to the visa office.


Step 7: Visa outcome

We will notify you as soon as we know the outcome of your visa application so you can come in and collect your grant letter. In most cases this is a positive response and it means you can also start planning your travel and accommodation for Australia!


Step 8: Travel services

At Real Education Service Consultants we can help you organise your travel arrangements to begin your new student life in Australia. Air ticketing, insurance and foreign exchange can all be arranged through us to make studying overseas easier!